The Web Development Team at C4 Tech & Design (c4tech.com) is now accepting applications for the role of Account Manager.
ABOUT C4 TECH & DESIGN
Based in New Orleans, LA, C4 has been in operation since 2002. As a worker-owned cooperative, each employee has the opportunity to become a business partner with us.
We prioritize providing a wide-range of high-quality products and services to non-profit and grassroots organizations while also serving small businesses in a variety of industries.
The Web Team Account Manager handles all of the client communications for the team, acting as the liaison between our customers and our developers and designers. A big part of this job is keeping our clients satisfied by managing their expectations and delivering exceptional customer service on a day-to-day basis.
This is a remote position. New Orleans area applicants are preferred but we are open to hiring remote workers from other locations.
ACCOUNT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists customers over email, phone, and by facilitating Zoom meetings
- Works with the other members of the Web Team to draft proposals, responses to RFPs, contracts, budgets, and timelines
- Project management: keeping track of timelines in order to maintain a steady workflow and minimize non-billable hours
- Oversees the basic aspects of the team’s current and projected finances
- Prepares invoices and produces status reports for clients
- Acquires new customers through networking
- Initiates hiring and outsources work to sub-contractors if needed
- Is always on the lookout for new services to offer and ways to improve team efficiency
- Ability to take on or learn some basic web development skills
As a member of C4, you will be expected to cooperate in the day-to-day operation of our business, which includes attending our company meetings which occur every other month, and participating in non-production committees.
QUALITIES OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Effective communicator: We’re looking for someone who is fluent in polite, professional, and proactive communication. This role requires frequent interaction with customers.
- Master organizer: The Account Manager oversees numerous essential aspects of the Web Team. The ideal candidate for this role will be a pro when it comes to keeping track of numerous clients, timelines, budgets, and proposals.
- Independent and self-driven: Since the AM doesn’t report to a manager, we are looking for someone who can get their work done on time without external supervision. As well, we need the type of employee who is eager to take on additional responsibilities should they pop up, and who can find resources to learn new skills if necessary.
- Eager to join a collective: Since we all take part in the decision-making process at C4, we need every one of our employee-owners to actively participate by contributing to discussions and meetings.
- Opportunity seeker: This quality not only applies to acquiring new clients, but also includes having the motivation to find new services to offer clients, ways to increase revenue and efficiency, and always being on the lookout for ways to build on the success of C4 as a whole.
This is a full-time position, with hourly pay in addition to regular team profit-sharing. We also offer:
- Paid holidays, vacations, and sick days
- Potential for year-end bonuses depending on annual profits
- Full coverage for health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Reimbursement of up to $75/month for service fees for 1 cell phone
After 12 months of continuous employment at C4 Tech & Design, each employee has the opportunity to become a business partner with equal share of the company.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), women, gender non-conforming people, and LGBTQAI++ people strongly encouraged to apply.