Drupal CMS for Northern California Hostels
C4's web team worked with Northern California Hostels to customize a feature-rich, multisite implementation of the Drupal CMS based on a third-party design. Check it out at norcalhostels.org.
C4's web team worked with Northern California Hostels to customize a feature-rich implementation of the Drupal Content Management System.
Working closely with Norcal Hostels staff and designers from Conscious Creative in San Francisco, C4 entered into a project already in progress and saved the day with Drupal. The multisite design includes mega menus, an interactive map on the home page, and unique styles for five of the eight different hostels. The site displays news and events that are specific to each hostel as well as site-wide featured news and events.
The Norcal Hostels website looks great and is easy for staff members to keep up to date with news and events. Guests can easily book rooms and access all eight hostels.
- Drupal-powered content managemet system
- Drop-down mega header menu
- Interactive map on the home page
- Context-sensitive news and events feeds
- Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Youtube integration
- Context-sensitive microsite styles: background images, fonts, and colors
- Context-sensitive event calendars
- Integrated 3rd-party booking widget
- Content migration from Joomla!, Wordpress and Thyme platforms
- Leverage Domain Access module to manage multiple domains