Responsive e-commerce website redesign for the General Society of Mayflower Descendents
C4's web team worked with GSMD to update their Joomla! site running VirtueMart e-commerce to the latest secure version, and to streamline information architecture and user experience for guests, organization members, shoppers, and staff administering content.
GSMD needed a website that is easy for their non-tech-savvy user base to navigate and to make purchases on, and easy for their staff to distruibute information and to manage the store.
C4 implemented the latest secure versions of the Joomla! content management system (CMS) and VirtueMart e-commerce component, migrated all content, reorganized information architecture, and redesgnied the user experience for key personas.
The redesigned website is quite user-friendly, with a special section for members only news, events, publications, and committees. The shop is configured with the help of additionsl plug-ins so GSMD can take engraving orders online. A customized form collects detailed ancestor information. C4 works with GSMD on an ongoing basis to iteratively improve user experience as feedback comes in. Take a look at the site at www.themayflowersociety.org.
- Joomla! content management system
- VirtueMart e-commerce
- Context-sensitive news and promos
- Custom home page and landing page designs
- Integrated K2 content extension
- Customized e-commerce: members-only items
- Customized e-commerce: engraving plug-in
- Integrated 360 degree virtual tours
- Integrated interactive .pdf document viewer
- Customized forms and emails
- Thoughtful, customized Membership User Experience
- Social network integration
- Reorganized content helps with search engine optimization (SEO)
- Accessibility considerations