C4's Web Team is seeking a contractor who is available for ongoing, consistent work, potentially on multiple projects. The ideal contractor would have potential interest in eventually becoming a member of our cooperative partnership.
C4 is an employee-owned cooperative business. Leveraging open source tools, we build websites and custom web applications for a huge range of clients, including non-profits, artists, small businesses, and large organizations. Our members have years of experience working with technologies and trends, and with our clients. We carefully manage our web development projects, and work hard to ensure that our work is efficient and budget-sensitive.
Who we’re seeking
- Self-organized and self-motivated individual
- Able to meet deadlines and identify/communicate blockers early
- Good communicator who respects and holds appropriate boundaries
- Able to interact respectfully with team members and clients of various skill levels
- Experience managing own and others’ emotions/expectations
- Responsive to Slack and to email, available as needed for video conferences.
What we offer
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
- Provisional Member/Ownership track is available after 6 months of contracting and work on multiple projects.
- Work on your own schedule as long as communication and deadlines are intact.
What we’re looking for
- 4-10+ years of development experience
- Django - or equivalent experience in another major MVC framework
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum processes
- Comfortable with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Ability to write modular code and reusable packages
- Fluent with git (and gitflow)
- Integrations with third-party services and APIs
- Adherence to best practices to aid security and maintainability of code base
- Consider, manage, and communicate trade-offs among cost, complexity, timeframe, etc.
- Ability to learn new technologies including additional languages, libraries and frameworks
- Availability of work depends on project scheduling.
- Specific assignments are coordinated with other team members via each project’s Account and Project Manager.
- Most team interactions occur virtually via Slack or video conference.
Nice to Have
- Hosting management experience
- Scripting experience using Fabric
- Webpack and ES6 experience
- Knowledge and awareness of web technology history and trends
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and any relevant links such as your GitHub or StackOverflow accounts, or recent projects you’ve worked on. Shoot us an e-mail at jobs [at] c4tech [dot] com so we can schedule a time to chat further.