Who We're Looking For
You're a problem solver with solid desktop support skills and a serious drive for customer satisfaction. Whether it's walking a user through a paper jam or setting up email on a smartphone, you're committed to getting clients back in production as quickly as possible. You have a drive for all things tech and can break down even the most complex concepts for your users to understand. You're constantly on the lookout for ways to improve your process and simplify your workflow. As a business partner, you're willing to work as a team to analyze, plan, and grow the business. Your technical prowess, customer service skills, and effective teamwork make you the perfect candidate for the Business IT Services Team.
What You'll Be Doing
- Travel to business and home clients around the Greater New Orleans area to provide on-site technical support, occasionally after 5pm or on weekends
- Resolve hardware and software issues on PCs and Macs
- Replace and configure failing workstation, server, and networking components
- Troubleshoot common wifi configurations
- Walk clients through basic troubleshooting over the phone
- Follow technical documentation for troubleshooting
- Convey technical details clearly to both technicians and non-technicians
- Document network environments and technical procedures accurately
Skills and Requirements
- Must live in the Greater New Orleans area
- Must have a laptop, a smartphone, reliable Internet service at home, and a vehicle available full-time capable of carrying reasonably-sized equipment
- Be familiar with DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and other networking standards
- Be comfortable and effective in both a team setting and on independent tasks
- Experience with virus and malware removal is a plus
- Proficiency with hardware troubleshooting is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus
Compensation is a combination of base hourly rate and profit sharing. Full-time employment includes health insurance reimbursement, group dental and vision insurance, and accrued PTO.
How to Apply
An emailed resume and cover letter is required in order to be considered for hiring. Please send all inquiries to jobs <at> c4tech.com. If you have questions for us, our contact information is available at www.c4tech.com. If you wish to call us, ask to speak to a member of the Business IT Services team.
Who We Are
C4 Tech & Design is a worker-owned co-op looking for another business partner to help grow our Business IT Services team. We run Linux (primarily Ubuntu) internally, but we repair and maintain Windows, Linux, and Mac servers and workstations for break-fix and contracted maintenance clients. C4 also offers computer repair and web design/development services through our Shop and Web teams.