Online Database for New Orleans Jazz and Heriatge Festival Foundation Archive
Archivists at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Foundation have data that music fans the world over are clamoring to access. C4 built a web-based application that makes this data available to the public online, and is easy for archivists to update. Check it out at jfdb.jazzandheritage.org.
Compiled from the Jazz Fest Program Books, NOJHFF Archive’s database lists every Jazz Fest performer since the first year of the festival in 1970, along with the date of their performance, the venue, the time, and any notes. C4 built a custom interface to NOJHFF Archive’s specifications that allows data to be easily imported, edited, searched, and exported.
C4 used the Django framework, open source Python libraries, and custom-built functionality to create an application that gives NOJHFF Archivists an easy way to provide their treasure trove of information to the public, freeing up a substantial amount of their time for other tasks.
The responsive, web-based application provides a rich experience for users on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. Launched just in time for Jazz Fest 2017, C4 is proud to have been a part of making New Orleans music history more readily available to the citizens of the world!
- Responsive header design conveys NOJHFF Archive’s brand
- User-friendly search experience
- Searches can be sorted by most relevant of by column
- Searches can be exported to CSV/spreadsheet
- Searches are paginated providing a simple browsing interface
- Administrative back end allows search, add, edit, and delete of records
- Administrative back end also allows records import from CSV/spreadsheet