Responsive, media-rich website redesign for New Orleans community radio station WWOZ
C4's web team is super jazzed to announce the launch of a redesigned site for our friends at WWOZ! Over the past 10 years, we've helped WWOZ develop and maintain their online presence across multiple platforms, including social media, ecommerce and mobile, in addition to several incarnations of their website. We support them in the realms of technology, user experience and visual design throughout their membership drives, during Jazz Fest and other key music events in the city, and with their multi-stream audio player and 2-week archive.
WWOZ needed a powerful, customized website with features that not only support its users' media-rich experience, but engage them and keep them coming back for more.
Implement a Drupal-powered web presence to permit multiple types of user roles with varying access to post playlists, create blog posts, upload the latest audio programs, and manage the content on the website as well as internal processes at the station. Custom presentation and development for each major type of content on the website. Focus on usability across all platforms, from ensuring the site hierarchy makes sense to customizing a landing page for membership to help increase donations during member drives.
Continued growth in online streams, website visitors, time spent on the website, and membership supporters from around the globe. Check out the site at www.wwoz.org.
- Custom HTML5 audio player with Flash fallback, with auto updating playlist info
- Livewire music event calendar with auditing tools for editors
- Community-driven event calendar
- Mobile optimized web experience
- Custom donation and shop landing pages through Convio/Blackbaud
- User dashboards with personalized list of latest content
- Volunteer management tool for select staff
- Multi-layer publishing system
- Updates to home page and content can be scheduled to launch in advance